Skip To Main Content

Dual Enrollment

Dual Enrollment

Maricopa Community Colleges and Gilbert Public Schools have designed a cooperative program that allows students to earn both high school and college credits.

About Dual Enrollment

These classes are held on the high school campus as part of the regular school day. Dual credit classes will only be offered if a qualified teacher is available. If students are to receive community college credit, they must pay community college tuition. They may also need to pass the EdReady test.

Parents/students will self-register for courses and pay using the Student Information Center at the time of registration. Upon successful completion of these courses, students may transfer credits to other colleges or universities. It is the students' responsibility to find out if in-state universities accept credits. Students should check the transferability of their courses to in-state universities. Acceptance and applicability of transfer credits by out-of-state universities vary by institution.

Courses, that may be offered for community college credit, are noted in the description of each course in the Course Description Book and are noted as “dual credit”. S/U grade option will not be allowed for these courses.

Please visit the Chandler-Gilbert Community College or the Mesa Community College websites for a complete list of courses that will be offered for dual credit.

Get Started With CGCC Dual Enrollment

Get help with Dual Enrollment costs

Concerned about the cost of Dual Enrollment? If you’re a high school student enrolled in CGCC’s Dual Enrollment program, you can apply for Dual Enrollment Tuition Assistance to help. 

Placement and Testing

GPA can now be used as a way to meet the prerequisites for some dual enrollment classes. As an example, juniors and seniors can use an unweighted GPA for classes (except 200 and above level Math). For 200 and above level Math students will still need to meet the required prerequisite or score high enough on the math placement test. Multiple Measures for Math will no longer be needed.

For students to be eligible to use their unweighted GPA, they must have completed at least 2 years of high school. Because of this, freshmen and sophomores will still be required to take the appropriate placement test for their classes.

For a class that has no prerequisites, students will need to provide proof of some form of testing (PSAT, SAT, ACT, AZMerit, Accuplacer) or they will need to take the Reading Accuplacer. This complies with the State Statute for Under 18 Admissions.

If you have any questions or need guidance on dual enrollment options contact your teacher or school counselor for guidance.


Maricopa Community Colleges Dual Enrollment